Zoo Tycoon Community Download Directory
June 25, 2018, 05:19:32 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Request for tool to make new buildings  (Read 1460 times)
Rupamontherocks

« on: February 12, 2015, 12:27:57 PM »

Helloo  ...I'm new here..I don't know if this is the right place to ask!!...

I've a request for a tool, I downloaded APE 1.1...but it seems letting me to edit only animals and scenery objects..

I want to make some new buildings, shops, stands. attraction etc..So which tool i should use and how should i use??    please help..... 

in advance
Jay
Webmaster

« Reply #1 on: February 12, 2015, 01:53:06 PM »

Welcome to ZTCDD.

I moved your post to the Designer Info Questions area.

APE 1.1 and Zoot are the tools for creating new buildings, shops, stands, attractions, etc.. You would use APE 1.1 as if your new building is like new scenery. Then you extract the files from the ".ztd" and change the ".ucs" file to end in ".ucb" instead of ".ucs". Then you use WordPad or another text editor to change the configuration inside the ".ucb". I cannot give specific instructions on how to change the ".ucb" because there are many different types of buildings. The simplest type of building is a restroom. There is a guide at ZKL on how to change the configuration for the simplest of restrooms:
http://www.lunamanar.com/zklounge/viewtopic.php?t=1945

That guide is old and we now do things slightly differently. We no longer create a "bldg" ".cfg" file, we no longer use "-" in the ".scn" file name, and we now use ".ucb" instead of ".ai".

For restrooms that are more complicated or for other types of buildings, it is usually best to have someone configure the building for you who has experience configuring buildings. They would ask you detailed questions on how the building would be used. That would tell them how to configure the building. That will also say whether existing messages can be used for the building or if new messages are needed. If new messages are needed, they have to be added to combined ".dll" files. There are not many combined ".dll" files, so there are only a few people who add messages to combined ".dll" files.

Although APE 1.1 can be used to load purchase menu icons, it makes them taller than they need to be. So I use Zoot instead to load purchase menu icons. APE also has limits on how big images may be and how big an animation may be. So we use Zoot to load images and animations that are too big for APE. If a building sells something new, then we use Zoot to load those sold item icons. Zoot is available at DG:
http://www.ztcdd.org/DG/index.php?topic=4773.msg18197#msg18197

Tools that are useful for extracting and creating ".ztd" and ".zip" files are 7-zip and shrink. There is a topic at ZKL that talks about those:
http://www.lunamanar.com/zklounge/viewtopic.php?t=1983

Good luck with your creating.
« Last Edit: June 14, 2016, 02:31:42 AM by Jay » Logged
dr rick
Guest Admin

« Reply #2 on: February 13, 2015, 01:30:02 AM »

hi Rupamontherocks (great username!)

I also started out wanting to make buildings! I learned the basics of configuration and rotation with scenery objects first (beginning with a mount Fuji). By the time I made my first building I understood enough about configuration to be able to get it to work first time, but I still can't do some bits of the building configuration process . I need someone to make things like the guest thoughts and tooltips happen  . And I made enough of a mess of my last building that I had to get Jay (  ) to find out why it was making zoo tycoon crash...  .

Dr Rick

How does that work?
Rupamontherocks

« Reply #3 on: February 13, 2015, 06:24:20 AM »

Thank you very much Jay and Rick for this warm welcome and for your shares    this will help a lot..
I will soon share my creations after I master this tool..  Again....
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: