Zoo Tycoon Community Download Directory
June 23, 2018, 07:17:27 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Where is My Downloads Folder  (Read 51796 times)
Yellowrose
The Warden
Guest Admin

« on: July 08, 2006, 07:36:57 PM »

Before you can see the downloads folder for Zoo Tycoon 2 you must do 2 things.

1) make sure all files and folders are visible on your system as these are hidden folders.

To do this open windows explorer and click on tools/ folder options
Click on the View tab

Look for Hidden files and folders

Make sure there is a check in the Show hidden files and folders box

Before closing this off also just below this area you will see Hide extensions for known file types. Make sure this box is unchecked.

once both are complete click Ok to close it off.

2) Now that you can see hidden folders on your system to see a downloads folder you must first start your ZT 2 game and download some of the downloadable content from the Official Web Site. Once you have done this the game will create a downloads folder.

You CAN NOT create a downloads folder yourself as the game will not recognize it.

All downloads should be placed in the zootycoon_com_zt2_1033 Folder to work properly

Edited by Jay to remove the reference to the zt2downloadsfolder3zj.th.jpg image, since the linked site no longer has that image.
« Last Edit: September 13, 2015, 08:47:06 PM by Jay » Logged

You're only as old as you feel
Zoo Admin Webmaster
koleking
« Reply #1 on: February 25, 2007, 01:13:05 PM »

When I click on Tools, I don't get Folder Options on the drop down list. I have looked at all the other methods to download files, so please don't recommend them to me because they don't work!! However, I downloaded all three files from Zookapi using C:\Program Files\Microsoft Games\Zoo Tycoon 2 and it worked. Will this be the same for Zoo Admin downloads? if not have you got any better suggestions? Thanks!
mikaboshi

The Mikamod

« Reply #2 on: February 26, 2007, 01:53:33 AM »

Well the thing about the downloads folder is that if the file doesn't have an accompanying .dl file then it HAS to go into the folder you are using. The .dl file makes the game recognize it in the ZT2 folder

Part of the Purple Brigade at Zoo Admin
"Expert" at ZT2DC
koleking
« Reply #3 on: February 26, 2007, 03:05:55 PM »

That's weird because I was told on Zoo Admin to delete the .dl file if it came up... I tried the Somalian Wild Donkey with the .dl file and it worked, so should I continue with this?
mikaboshi

The Mikamod

« Reply #4 on: February 27, 2007, 04:13:09 AM »

You delete the .dl if you plan on putting it in the C:\Program Files\Microsoft Games\Zoo Tycoon 2 folder because then its doing you no good.

Part of the Purple Brigade at Zoo Admin
"Expert" at ZT2DC
tarja
« Reply #5 on: March 01, 2007, 03:26:14 PM »

my download folder does not show up...I already have all official downloads installed and i have all expansion packs installed accept dino danger. what can i do to make the download folder show up i tried that what yellowrose suggested but it still wouln't work, what should I do?
Nique

« Reply #6 on: March 01, 2007, 05:00:18 PM »

Have you double-check that all of your files are visible? By default, some of these are invisible.
tarja
« Reply #7 on: March 02, 2007, 06:51:26 AM »

yes I have and it still doesn't work. I don't know what else to do.is there maybe an other way to make downloads work?
Stormer
« Reply #8 on: March 08, 2007, 06:55:45 AM »

I have a strange problem. It's in the game fine but you can't see it although it is registered as an animal in my zoo. It's somewhat inviisible. Help?
Nancyj
« Reply #9 on: March 16, 2007, 08:41:51 AM »

Hi folks,

My daughter got ZT2 with her allowance (she is 9) and since then we have both become addicted, and I have bought MM and ES for her!

Anyway, the downloaded Animals look great! However, I have a unique situation. I am posting from work. I live very rurally, and at home we have a slow dial up connection. (MAYBE 31.5kbps on a good day) Therefore, trying to do a download through the software is probably going to be unsuccessful. I can download the animals from here and put them on a stick.

So, if downloading through the software is likely a bad idea (I cannot run games, etc that have a regular patch or update from home, because I cannot download them.), how to apply the files into the program?

Just so you know, I am a tech analyst for a software company, so I understand how this works and if you get technical I'll be fine.

Obviously there are compressed files with a bunch of different files within, the animations and so forth. Where is the final location? Program files\zoo tycoon 2? Do ALL files eventually get extracted to the same locale?

Thanks for any input you can provide.

Nancy
zoomeister
Founding Member of the Copa Cabana Cooliez!!

Patriot of Zoos!!

« Reply #10 on: July 11, 2007, 10:53:42 AM »

Nancyj.....

Downloading them onto your stick and carrying them to your home computer works, as I've done it many times.  All you will need to do is have an unzip utility on your home computer to open up the files before you put them into the appropriate folder.  Just follow the above procedure outlined by Yellowrose and you'll be fine.  Good luck and let us know how it turns out!  Happy zooing!
Taylou
« Reply #11 on: July 11, 2007, 01:51:00 PM »

I download them right but how do I get them into the game? I try dragging them into the downloads file, but it doesn't work. I need further instructions.

Dancing kitty ^^

Bswiley1
« Reply #12 on: January 28, 2008, 06:46:41 PM »

Hi, I followed your instructions to the letter. And found just what I was suppose to. But I got ZooTycoon 2 Zookeepers collection for Christmas. And when I go to the downloads page (threw the game), I have everything there. Now what?
Bswiley1
« Reply #13 on: January 28, 2008, 07:43:22 PM »

Will downloading a demo work??
Yellowrose
The Warden
Guest Admin

« Reply #14 on: February 16, 2008, 04:12:03 PM »

unfortunately user made files will not work with demo versions.

You're only as old as you feel
Zoo Admin Webmaster
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: