Zoo Tycoon Community Download Directory
December 14, 2017, 05:47:27 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Where is My Downloads Folder  (Read 44225 times)
deepblue14
« Reply #15 on: November 23, 2008, 12:41:26 PM »

Do you copy and paste it into the downloads folder? Or drag and drop? Because everytime I do it (either one), it says 'write this file to cd?' and if I click yes, you can't write the file to the cd because it's full or something. It is the 1033 file right? Oh and one more thing: when I want to download something (anything), I get to files. one that's .dl and another that's .z2f . which one do I use? Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!!
Yellowrose
The Warden
Guest Admin

« Reply #16 on: November 25, 2008, 01:41:38 AM »

The easiest way to install the downloads is to copy and paste them into the folders on your hard drive not try to add them to the ZT cds.

When you downloaded all the official downloads it created a downloads folder on your hard drive. In that downloads folder is another folder with 1033 in it's name that is where you add your downloads for me, and it may different for you depending on how your system is set up.

When you download a file it is in .zip file format and needs to be extracted to the desltop. Depending on who made the file they make the zip files different sometimes with extra folders. I found downloads work best if you have just 1 folder usually with the animals name and 1 .dl file.

An example is Exitree's Carcal

I downloaded the file and extracted it to my desktop

I looked until I found a folder named Carcal and inside that folder was the carcal.z2f file
I put that folder aside and looked for the carcal.dl file
I then used copy and paste to put the carcal folder and the carcal.dl file in the 1033 folder.

Some people found that this method didn't work on thier system so another way to add files to your game is to copy and paste the carcal.z2f file(no folder just the file) and the carcal.dl file into your Main Zoo Tycoon 2 folder usally found on main drive.

for me my main drive location would be
C:/Program Files/Microsoft Games/Zoo Tycoon 2

Hope this wasn't too confusing and it helps you to get your downloaded files working. For installing varient skins they go into the main ZT 2 folder as well. For objects and buildings we'll have to wait until Penguinman can see this because I haven't added any objects or buildings to my ZT 2 yet.

You're only as old as you feel
Zoo Admin Webmaster
RedCat
« Reply #17 on: August 22, 2009, 10:08:04 PM »

i got confused at part 2, when you say official site, do you mean the origanal ZT2 site?
Yellowrose
The Warden
Guest Admin

« Reply #18 on: August 23, 2009, 04:56:01 AM »

When you first install the game to be able to get the downloads folder to regester within the game program you need to start the game and use the ingame downloader to add all the available official content. As long as the game is available Microsoft will make the content downloadable from one of their servers even if the official site closes.

Zoo Admin Webmaster
ade2234
« Reply #19 on: September 12, 2009, 12:48:55 PM »

Hello !..i wonder if someone could help please.............i'm trying to install the hack which unlocks the challanges etc....and notice that it needs to be placed in a diff area to the animal downloads....i have vista and do not have (or cannot find!) application data, user name folder, etc etc....as per the instructions...is this hack only for XP or is there somewhere i can download it on vista ?
cheers   
Yellowrose
The Warden
Guest Admin

« Reply #20 on: September 13, 2009, 07:05:24 AM »

Try putting it in the main program folder usually

Zoo Admin Webmaster
ivanpowa
Preliminary Member

« Reply #21 on: March 19, 2011, 05:23:27 PM »

Hi, i have some problems to install ZT2 content.

In C:\Archivos de programa\Microsoft Games\Zoo Tycoon 2\Downloads\zootycoon_com_zt2_1033

I need copy carpet with archive z2f (inside) and dl archive or only archive z2f + dl?

And in  C:\Archivos de programa\Microsoft Games\Zoo Tycoon 2

I need copy carpet with archive z2f (inside) and dl archive or only archive z2f + dl?

Sorry for my bad english and thanks to help me. 
Jay
Webmaster

« Reply #22 on: March 19, 2011, 07:23:33 PM »

Welcome.

I do not have ZT2. But this is my understanding from reading the above posts. If you downloaded caracal.zip from Zoo Admin, inside caracal.zip is the following:
Exitree's animals/Caracal/
Exitree's animals/Caracal/Caracal.z2f
Exitree's animals/Caracal.dl
Exitree's animals/

You would put these in your ZT2 Downloads folder like this:
C:\Archivos de programa\Microsoft Games\Zoo Tycoon 2\Downloads\zootycoon_com_zt2_1033\Caracal\Caracal.z2f
C:\Archivos de programa\Microsoft Games\Zoo Tycoon 2\Downloads\zootycoon_com_zt2_1033\Caracal.dl

If that does not work, then try this:
C:\Archivos de programa\Microsoft Games\Zoo Tycoon 2\Caracal.z2f
C:\Archivos de programa\Microsoft Games\Zoo Tycoon 2\Caracal.dl

I hope that helps.
« Last Edit: March 19, 2011, 07:25:55 PM by Jay » Logged
mill0222
Preliminary Member

« Reply #23 on: September 17, 2013, 06:16:44 PM »

Im sorry to bother...but my problem is downloading...it says click site name to download...how exactly do i do that.
Jay
Webmaster

« Reply #24 on: September 17, 2013, 06:34:40 PM »

Welcome to ZTCDD.

Right above the "Click Site name to reach the download" line, there will be 1 or more web site names. For example, it might say "ZT Designer Guild". So you would click that web site name to get to the download.
dr rick
Guest Admin

« Reply #25 on: September 17, 2013, 06:37:51 PM »

hi mill022

like jay says, when you click the link you should end up at the correct page of the website.  If you get an error message of some sort then you may have to log in to the specific site to be allowed to download at that site.

Dr Rick

How does that work?
Thunder

« Reply #26 on: September 13, 2015, 06:45:32 PM »

The easiest way to install the downloads is to copy and paste them into the folders on your hard drive not try to add them to the ZT cds.

When you downloaded all the official downloads it created a downloads folder on your hard drive. In that downloads folder is another folder with 1033 in it's name that is where you add your downloads for me, and it may different for you depending on how your system is set up.

When you download a file it is in .zip file format and needs to be extracted to the desltop. Depending on who made the file they make the zip files different sometimes with extra folders. I found downloads work best if you have just 1 folder usually with the animals name and 1 .dl file.

An example is Exitree's Carcal

I downloaded the file and extracted it to my desktop

I looked until I found a folder named Carcal and inside that folder was the carcal.z2f file
I put that folder aside and looked for the carcal.dl file
I then used copy and paste to put the carcal folder and the carcal.dl file in the 1033 folder.

Some people found that this method didn't work on thier system so another way to add files to your game is to copy and paste the carcal.z2f file(no folder just the file) and the carcal.dl file into your Main Zoo Tycoon 2 folder usally found on main drive.

for me my main drive location would be

Hope this wasn't too confusing and it helps you to get your downloaded files working. For installing varient skins they go into the main ZT 2 folder as well. For objects and buildings we'll have to wait until Penguinman can see this because I haven't added any objects or buildings to my ZT 2 yet.

Could a link to a video explaining how to do this be a little easier? The above steps don't work. Nothing shows up in the game.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: