Zoo Tycoon Community Download Directory
July 07, 2020, 09:05:34 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Welcome  (Read 52567 times)
fern
Webmaster

« Reply #75 on: June 11, 2020, 09:05:34 PM »

Wow. Can't wait to see it.
dr rick
Guest Admin

« Reply #76 on: June 12, 2020, 01:32:55 PM »

Well here it is, 1/10 full size (2270x1400 pixels), saved as a jpeg to reduce the size of the file still further (I normally save the bits I am working in a lossless PNG format so that the image does not get degraded by being saved over and over again. The making of the actual picture is very nearly completed. The sky, various ranges of mountains and foothills all come from different original public domain images. The trees on the distant ridges are from various mountain slopes around the world, with several ridges coming from different parts of Mauritius. On the nearest tree covered ridge, I constructed the ridge, covered it with soil, covered the soil with patches of ferns and then planted all the individual trees. 

The nearest ridges and the flat grasslandin the foreground are covered with flowering meadow, which was originally two different flat. meadows, one with pink flowers and the other with yellow flowers. I worked out, by experimentation, how to make the flat meadow represent interlocking ridges. I planted a few trees as horses should always have shade they can shelter under for hot sunny days.

I cut the horses out of hundreds of different pictures, adding hooves and noses where these were hidden by the grass of the field that the particular horse was in. I have tried to represent every genetic colour combination that horses can have as well as everything from miniature horses through ponies and normal sized horses to giant plough-horses. The only things that are missiing are Przewalski's wild horses and Akhal Teke horses from Turkmenestan, both of which will have their own picture once I have completed this one.

I still have about half the horses to add to this picture and then I have to turn the picture into a painting using a combination of two paint programs, Corel Painter 2020 and Dynamic Auto Painter. I have configured these to use information on colour and direction of blocks of colour in the image I have created to put synthesised brushtrokes onto a virtual canvas... So it has taken me two months to get to this point and I think that I have about a months worth of work left to do.

* smallproof3.jpg (4847 KB, 1400x2270 - viewed 18 times.)

Dr Rick

How does that work?
fern
Webmaster

« Reply #77 on: June 12, 2020, 08:57:59 PM »

Absolutely love it.  Stunning and my favourite animals.
Jay
Webmaster

« Reply #78 on: June 12, 2020, 09:21:56 PM »

I also love the picture. It is colorful and detailed.
caddienoah
Listings Assistant

« Reply #79 on: June 17, 2020, 11:08:25 PM »

It's beautiful. I read your explanation...I couldn't do it. I barely could do a map in two months.
I cannot wait to see the completed work!

I wish all Peace, Love, Good Health, and Laughter
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: