Zoo Tycoon Community Download Directory
December 14, 2017, 05:50:58 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Ask ZT1 design questions here  (Read 16833 times)
Rupamontherocks

« Reply #60 on: March 09, 2015, 07:52:18 AM »

Yes, messages for restaurants and meals have to be in a ".dll" file. But sometimes we can use messages that exist already. For example, if there is nothing special about the building to teach others, then the messages for the Restaurant that come with ZT can be used:

8007, "Restaurant"
38007, "Purchase a restaurant.  Restaurants are larger and their food is more expensive than food stands, but they are the most hunger fulfilling and thirst quenching of all the vendors. Many people can sit down to eat in a restaurant at the same time."
63007, "the Restaurant"
10203, "There's the restaurant.  Let's eat!"

Similarly, if the meals are ones that come with ZT, then the ZT icons and messages can be used. Or if the meals are ones that other people have created for ZT already, then we can sometimes use their icons and messages, if they have given permission for others to use them. If the meals are not ones that come with ZT and are ones that no one else has created yet for ZT, then new messages would be needed. Those messages should be in a combined ".dll" for a web site. If you say what meals you are making and what web site you will release the building, then we can see what ".dll" file should be used and whether there are existing messages for those meals.

I have send you a pm of my own concept of thoughts...please check that if u could combine them with any other combined dll or else tell me how do i make my own lang.dll file??
Jay
Webmaster

« Reply #61 on: March 10, 2015, 12:00:26 AM »

I have since sent a reply to the PM.
Crocodile
Preliminary Member

« Reply #62 on: May 17, 2017, 09:44:39 PM »

Just wanted to ask, how does the game time convert to real time for stuff such as reproductioninterval & timedeath?
Jay
Webmaster

« Reply #63 on: May 17, 2017, 10:39:46 PM »

Welcome to ZTCDD.

I believe 12 real time seconds equal 1 game day. I do not actually know what units are used for the cReproductionInterval, cBabyToAdult, and cTimeDeath settings. I believe they represent real time seconds, but I never tested to see. The cReproductionInterval setting represents the minimum amount of time a female adult has to wait after giving birth before it can give birth again. But a second birth would be some random time after that minimum amount, primarily because of the cReproductionChance setting. Similarly, the cTimeDeath setting represents the minimum amount of time the animal will live. Its death would be some random time after that minimum amount, based on the cDeathChance setting. To determine what to use for these settings, you can look to see what are used for a similar animal to what you are creating.

Good luck with your designing.
Z.Z.
Zoo Support

« Reply #64 on: October 23, 2017, 04:25:30 PM »

Hi Jay :D

I have a question about shelters.

I made the Frosted Grassy Shelter based on the in game Large Wooden Shelter in APE, then turned it into a ZIP and extracted it, then added the 'freeform' folder containing the 'unlock-shelterforallanimals' which is an SCN file.

Doesnt SCN stand for 'Scenery'? And if so shouldnt it be a different file type for 'Shelter'?

Also, this is what is in the 'unlock-shelterforallanimals' SCN file:

[goals]
goal = DEFAULT_ITEMS

[DEFAULT_ITEMS]
rulea = 7
ruleb = 2
value = 0
text = 17700
trulea = 7
truleb = 0
targa = 1000
hidden = 0
sticky = 0

[1000]
id = 2930

Are these codes correct for a working shelter that causes animals to make a happy face when they are added to the exhibit?

Thanks! :D
Z.Z.
Zoo Support

« Reply #65 on: October 23, 2017, 04:38:44 PM »

Next question, this is what I have in the 'scenery'> 'other'> 'UCB' file:

Icon = objects/E5DF4026/NE/NE

[Member]
shelters

[Characteristics/Integers]
cPurchaseCost = 101
cFootprintX = 2
cFootprintY = 2
cHabitat = 9411
cHeight = 1
cHelpID = 2930
cNameID = 2930
cUseNumbersInName = 0
cSelectable = 0
cTimeInside = 10
cCommerce = 0
cHideUser = 1
cHideBuilding = 0
cUserStaysOutside = 0
cUserUsesExit = 0
cShelter = 1
cCapacity = 6
cAdultChange = 20
cChildChange = 20
cEnergyChange = 100

[Characteristics/Strings]
cInfoImageName = scenery/building/inbldg/inbldg

[Animations]
idle = idle
used = idle

[Satisfies]
animalrest
animalsex
building

[Global]
Type = 2849C057

[slots]
name = slot

[slot]
slotpos = 0
slotpos = 0
entrpos = 0
entrpos = 33
exitpos = 0
exitpos = 33
capacity = 6
facing = 0

Aside from the height, which is 1 because the actual height of the shelter is half as tall as Genkis grasses and guests can see over them, is all of this code correct?

And shouldnt there be code for tooltips and such?

Thanks again :D
« Last Edit: October 23, 2017, 04:43:03 PM by Z.Z. » Logged
Jay
Webmaster

« Reply #66 on: October 24, 2017, 06:40:10 PM »

Doesnt SCN stand for 'Scenery'? And if so shouldnt it be a different file type for 'Shelter'?

"scn" stands for "scenario". That is why it has "goals" inside of it. Although it stands for "scenario", ".scn" files are used for both scenarios and freeform maps. The simplest type of ".scn" file is to make an object available at the start of a zoo when the object uses messages from a ".dll" file.

Quote from: Z.Z.
Also, this is what is in the 'unlock-shelterforallanimals' SCN file:

".scn" files should not have a "-" in the file name. Having a "-" worked with the original ZT. But having a "-" can cause the ZT expansion packs to unlock more objects than they should. So the file name to use in this case is "unlockshelterforallanimals.scn".

Quote from: Z.Z.
[goals]
goal = DEFAULT_ITEMS

[DEFAULT_ITEMS]
rulea = 7
ruleb = 2
value = 0
text = 17700
trulea = 7
truleb = 0
targa = 1000
hidden = 0
sticky = 0

[1000]
id = 2930

Are these codes correct for a working shelter that causes animals to make a happy face when they are added to the exhibit?

Those are the correct lines for unlockshelterforallanimals.scn. That will make any "Shelter For All Animals" to be available at the start of the zoo. ".scn" files have nothing to do with causing animals to make a happy face when the object is added to an exhibit. A happy face is triggered by a combination of a shelter's ".ucb" or ".ai" settings and an animal's ".uca" or ".ai" settings. In general, we want the animal to have a happy face when a shelter is added when there are not enough shelters in the exhibit, and we want the animal to have a frown face when a shelter is added when there are already enough shelters in the exhibit.
Jay
Webmaster

« Reply #67 on: October 24, 2017, 08:25:52 PM »

Next question, this is what I have in the 'scenery'> 'other'> 'UCB' file:

Icon = objects/E5DF4026/NE/NE

[Member]
shelters

[Characteristics/Integers]
cPurchaseCost = 101
cFootprintX = 2
cFootprintY = 2
cHabitat = 9411
cHeight = 1
cHelpID = 2930
cNameID = 2930
cUseNumbersInName = 0
cSelectable = 0
cTimeInside = 10
cCommerce = 0
cHideUser = 1
cHideBuilding = 0
cUserStaysOutside = 0
cUserUsesExit = 0
cShelter = 1
cCapacity = 6
cAdultChange = 20
cChildChange = 20
cEnergyChange = 100

[Characteristics/Strings]
cInfoImageName = scenery/building/inbldg/inbldg

[Animations]
idle = idle
used = idle

[Satisfies]
animalrest
animalsex
building

[Global]
Type = 2849C057

[slots]
name = slot

[slot]
slotpos = 0
slotpos = 0
entrpos = 0
entrpos = 33
exitpos = 0
exitpos = 33
capacity = 6
facing = 0

Aside from the height, which is 1 because the actual height of the shelter is half as tall as Genkis grasses and guests can see over them, is all of this code correct?

And shouldnt there be code for tooltips and such?

I assume you are not showing the top of your ".ucb" file, which probably is the following before the "Icon = objects/E5DF4026/NE/NE" line:

[E5DF4026]

[Icon]
Icon = objects/E5DF4026/SE/SE
Icon = objects/E5DF4026/SW/SW
Icon = objects/E5DF4026/NW/NW

You asked about a tooltip. The "cHelpID = 2930" line is the tooltip. ZT adds 30000 to that value and, therefore, looks for 32930 in a ".dll" file to see what to show for its tooltip.

The lines you showed should work. But I would have done some things differently, which follows:

The "Type" setting normally should match the "Icon" setting. So if you have "Icon = objects/E5DF4026/NE/NE", I suspect you should have "Type = E5DF4026" instead of "Type = 2849C057".

Whenever I have "cHabitat = 9411", I also include "cLocation = 9618" in the [Characteristics/Integers] section for consistency. The "9411" says it is for Many habitats and "9618" says it is for Many land locations.

Since "cCommerce = 0" and "cUserUsesExit = 0" are the defaults, I would not include those lines.

This shelter is 1 tile in size. In general, the shelters that come with ZT assume each animal (other than small animals) will use 1 tile inside a shelter. So that is why the Large Wood Shelter has a capacity of 6: because it is 6 tiles in size. Therefore, being that your shelter is 1 tile in size, I would have set "cCapacity = 1" and "capacity=1".

For shelters that come with ZT, if a shelter can contain any animal and if a shelter is smaller, then it gives less energy to the animal. So for a one tile shelter that can accept any animal, I would have used the Small Concrete Shelter as a base. Therefore, I would have set "cEnergyChange = 10" and "cTimeInside = 8". And since this shelter is half the size of the Small Concrete Shelter, I would use half the cost of the Small Concrete Shelter and set "cPurchaseCost = 60".

By default, a tall dinosaur like the T-Rex can turn this shelter into building rubble. That should be okay for this type of shelter because this type of shelter should not be in an exhibit with tall dinosaurs anyway, since it does not look realistic to have tall dinosaurs disappear into this shelter. But if you wanted something different concerning rubble, there are 3 other possibilities by adding certain lines to the [Characteristics/Integers] section. Adding "cRubbleable = 0" prevents the object from becoming any type of rubble. Adding "cForcesSceneryRubble = 1" to a ".ucb" file causes the object to become grayish scenery rubble instead of building rubble. Adding both "cForcesSceneryRubble = 1" and "cUsesTreeRubble = 1" to a ".ucb" file causes the object to become foliage rubble, which looks like tiny, thin, grayish tree stumps with a bit of green.

Your configuration has 1 entrance. Hopefully it is obvious to the players which side of your images contain that entrance. If the images look like foliage from all directions, you might want entrances in all directions. If that is the case, instead of the [slots] and [slot] sections you have, you would want the following for a one tile shelter:

[slots]
name=slot1
name=slot2
name=slot3
name=slot4

[slot1]
slotpos=0
slotpos=0
entrpos=0
entrpos=33
exitpos=0
exitpos=33
capacity=1
facing=0

[slot2]
slotpos=0
slotpos=0
entrpos=33
entrpos=0
exitpos=33
exitpos=0
capacity=1
facing=0

[slot3]
slotpos=0
slotpos=0
entrpos=0
entrpos=-33
exitpos=0
exitpos=-33
capacity=1
facing=0

[slot4]
slotpos=0
slotpos=0
entrpos=-33
entrpos=0
exitpos=-33
exitpos=0
capacity=1
facing=0
Z.Z.
Zoo Support

« Reply #68 on: October 25, 2017, 01:16:26 PM »

"".scn" files should not have a "-" in the file name."

Ah, ok, I had copied the 'SCN' file from another shelter and it had the '-' in it. I have taken it out.

"A happy face is triggered by a combination of a shelter's ".ucb" or ".ai" settings and an animal's ".uca" or ".ai" settings"

Ok, what 'UCB' or 'AI' settings should there be to get a happy face?

Thank you for the rest of the information, especially the code to get all four sides to be entrances, Im working on a request for an invisible shelter and that looks like exactly what I needed :)
Jay
Webmaster

« Reply #69 on: October 25, 2017, 03:14:47 PM »

The above ".ucb" already has the settings that affect an animal having a happy face. The following gives more detail.

The happy face for an animal is complicated. The happy face can come from an animal liking something directly when it is added to an exhibit, or it can come from the suitability being improved. The second part is actually the more important of the two. For shelters, we want the animal to have a happy face when a shelter is added when there are not enough shelters in the exhibit, and we want the animal to have a frown face when a shelter is added when there are already enough shelters in the exhibit. That is suitability. There are three lines in the shelter ".ucb" that affect suitability: "cShelter = 1", "cHabitat = 9411", and the cCapacity setting. "cShelter = 1" tells ZT that this is a shelter and to take it into account for suitability. ZT then uses the cCapacity setting and the number of animals in the exhibit to determine if there are enough shelters, too few shelters, or too many shelters. That calculation in ZT is complicated. ZT allows a slight difference between the cCapacity setting and the number of animals in the exhibit, but a large difference can confuse ZT. That is why there are different sizes of the various shelters that come with ZT, since sometimes it is better to add a small shelter instead of a large shelter. The cHabitat setting can affect the happy face in different ways. If it is set to a specific habitat, it will make some animals happier and make other animals unhappy. For example, if it is set to 9400, then animals that like Savannah objects will become happier and animals that dislike Savannah objects will become less happy. Using 9411, most animals will not care one way or another about the shelter from a happiness perspective, but they will still care about it from a suitability perspective, which is what we care about the most. Even with 9411, it is still possible for an animal to like a shelter from a happiness perspective, but that would be in the animal's configuration. The animal's configuration can say to give the animal a happiness boost when a specific shelter or type of shelter is added to the exhibit. But that should be only a small happiness boost because we do not want that to outweigh the suitability, otherwise a happy face can occur even though the suitability is getting worse.

Although they do not affect the happy face, there are 2 settings in the shelter ".ucb" that affect an animal's happiness: cAdultChange and ChildChange. When those are set greater than 0, the adult and young animals will have their happiness increased when they use the shelter. For shelters that come with ZT, those range in values from 2 to 20.
Z.Z.
Zoo Support

« Reply #70 on: October 25, 2017, 08:24:27 PM »

Hmmm... Then this shelter should make an animal give a happy face when it is added to the exhibit, but it doesnt, the animal has no reaction to it at all, but the shelter does satisfy the requirement for a shelter, and the animal does use it, and it does take care of the animals needs.

Well, I guess Ill just have to live without the animal having a reaction.

Thank you so much for your help Jay, youre awesome :D
Jay
Webmaster

« Reply #71 on: October 25, 2017, 09:00:57 PM »

As an example concerning the happy face and Zookeeper Recommendations, I created an experimental tall grass shelter configured with "cCapacity = 1", "cHabitat = 9411", and "cShelter = 1". I tested this experimental shelter in an exhibit containing 4 adult zebras (2 males and 2 females). The exhibit did not have any shelters in it, but was suitable in every other way. So the Zookeeper Recommendations said there were not enough shelters. Then I added the experimental shelter. Here are the results:

1st experimental shelter: zebras gave happy face; Zookeeper Recommendations said there were not enough shelters
2nd and 3rd experimental shelters: zebras did not give happy face or frown face; Zookeeper Recommendations said there were not enough shelters
4th experimental shelter: zebras did not give happy face or frown face; Zookeeper Recommendations said the exhibit was perfectly suitable
5th and 6th experimental shelters: zebras did not give happy face or frown face; Zookeeper Recommendations said there were too many shelters
7th experimental shelter: zebras gave frown face; Zookeeper Recommendations said there were too many shelters

That is what I expected. The Zookeeper Recommendations were correct. The zebras did not give a happy face or a frown face when I was close enough with the number of shelters; but when I was further away from the number of shelters needed, the happy face and frown face were triggered properly.
Z.Z.
Zoo Support

« Reply #72 on: October 26, 2017, 04:37:27 PM »

Ah, I see.
Ok cool, that was probably the reason then, I only had one animal in the exhibit.

Thank you so much Jay, I think Im ready to make the rest of the shelters :D
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: