Zoo Tycoon Community Download Directory
December 13, 2018, 02:35:22 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Questions concerning DD and making flags  (Read 3972 times)
johnrn1
Zoo Support

« on: September 19, 2010, 05:02:34 AM »

1.  Are the animals,objects,scenery,etc being added to DD all files that had to be fixed by Fern/Jay in some way?

2.  Do I need to re-download any of these files if I already have them installed in my game?

3.  I haven't been running ZT2 much. I just bought the Ultimate Collection this year. Do I need to install the monkey-business-with-es-addon that Fern just added?

4.  I have the download of about 30+ Flags of the world. But, I don't have one of New Zealand. Australia's is pretty close, but not quite. Can I learn how to make one of New Zealand?

fern
Webmaster

« Reply #1 on: September 19, 2010, 06:20:00 AM »

1.  Are the animals,objects,scenery,etc being added to DD all files that had to be fixed by Fern/Jay in some way?
Good grief No! Nor, for animals do I intend to fix all that just have warnings rather than errors. There is just not enough time for that and still to have a life. Anything that has been updated says so in the post. People making animals in the last few years, like ghirin, genki, Jordan, Moondawg to name a few, learnt how to make files with no warnings or errors. Never fixed a path yet. Only fix things that crash games or in some cases pretend to be what they are not - scenery that goes to exhibit suitability as a rock, is one. The biggest early problem was LCID errors. That is because the file will work in the creators game but will crash the game of only some people.

2.  Do I need to re-download any of these files if I already have them installed in my game?
If a file is updated by me or by someone at a site, then you should get the latest version. Files are updated for a reason. I won't update a file just because it is inefficient. It has to have a problem that affects the game. Genki fixed a number of tek and ztuf files a while back and since she is away Cricket is doing some of the Tek ones if needed.

3.  I haven't been running ZT2 much. I just bought the Ultimate Collection this year. Do I need to install the monkey-business-with-es-addon that Fern just added?
Haven't a clue. I don't play ZT2. All I am doing is rereleasing ZA's files as I can match them. Any information with them is the original release info.

4.  I have the download of about 30+ Flags of the world. But, I don't have one of New Zealand. Australia's is pretty close, but not quite. Can I learn how to make one of New Zealand?
You can get a New Zealand flag Here Maybe one day I will get around to reposting the tutorial that was at ZA and lost from their archives. I am sure I have a copy........ somewhere.
« Last Edit: June 14, 2016, 03:24:07 PM by Jay » Logged
johnrn1
Zoo Support

« Reply #2 on: September 19, 2010, 04:18:42 PM »

for taking the time to answer my questions.  
Also, thanks for the link to the New Zealand flags. I must have missed this one at zkl. 

Jay
Webmaster

« Reply #3 on: September 20, 2010, 01:25:18 AM »

When there are new posts in the Download Listings area here, it might be confusing what that means. It does not necessarily mean something was updated. Because many sites have gone through changes over the years, the Download Listings area is not up-to-date yet. Fern spends a lot of time updating the area, but it will still take a long time before it is up-to-date, because of how many downloads exist. But by looking at the posts, you can tell if something was recently released at a site, or if something was recently updated at a site, or if it is an older download that was finally added to the Download Listings. If something was recently released at a site, the "Date Added" line of the post will show a recent date. If something was recently updated at a site, the "Updated" area of the post will have a recent date and will also say why it was updated. If something is an older download that was finally added to the Download Listings, the "Date Added" line will be an older date, because that is the date when the download was first made available at whatever site it is at, and the "Update" area will either have "N/A" (for Not Applicable) or will have an older date. You would not look at the date of the post or any "Edit by" date. Those are just when the post was added or changed here.

The "Description" area of the Download Listings posts here are just copies of the descriptions at the sites where the downloads are available. Fern adds additional information in separate posts and those posts start with "Additional info:". Sometimes the additional information contains notes that Fern has made on her own based on her looking at it. Sometimes the additional information contains what is in a pack, or how big an object is in ZT, or whether an object is walkable (guests or animals can walk through it), or whether an object can be used in an exhibit or on water or in a tank. Sometimes the additional information shows the internal names, such as APE ids, of the objects. For animals, the additional information might include results of an animal configuration checking program and a suitability guide from the same program. That program is a newer program than the program at Zookeeper's Lounge, and it is oriented more toward people that use the downloads rather than toward designers. For buildings, the additional information might include why guests go to the building, which needs of guests the building helps (if not the same as why guests go there), what the building sells, its capacity, its upkeep, or what ".dll" it needs to show its messages. For zoos, maps, and workbenches, the additional information might give a summary of what the zoo contains and what downloads it needs.
johnrn1
Zoo Support

« Reply #4 on: September 20, 2010, 01:49:57 AM »

Jay. Another Fern file and Jay file entry. And, to take an idea from Caddie...I need to get a flash drive too. Right now, I still have a lot of hard drive space, about 225GB's. 

johnrn1
Zoo Support

« Reply #5 on: April 25, 2011, 01:07:09 PM »

[
« Last Edit: April 25, 2011, 02:19:58 PM by johnrn1 » Logged

dr rick
Guest Admin

« Reply #6 on: April 25, 2011, 03:30:29 PM »

?

Dr Rick

How does that work?
Pages: [1]   Go Up